Date: 1/12/18 11:47 am
From: David Antieau <dkantieau...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose - high waves - no significant sightings
Dear birders,
Waves were pouring over the breakwall at Montrose today. In fact, beyond the wall that lines the lake side of the fishhook, the surf was usually higher than the pier and just flowing over instead of blasting over in a large cloud of spray. It seems likely that this will do some damage to the dune/panne area.
I had no unusual birds. If I had to give a bird of the day for my trip to Montrose, it would be American Robin (23), significantly more than I had seen for the first 11 days of the year.
For the birds!
Dave <Antieaudkantieau...>
P.S. I'll try to get a couple of photos of the surf on my facebook page, later.

Join us on Facebook!