Date: 1/12/18 11:09 am
From: Steve Hosmer <sjhosmer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Lake Pleasant Barrow's Goldeneye, Surf Scoters and Horned Grebe
This morning between 8:26 AM and 10:30 AM I went to the Lake Pleasant Regional
Park (Maricopa County). The biggest highlight was finding a male Barrow's
Goldeneye among a group of female Common Goldeneyes just north of the Scorpion
Bay Marina (viewed from the parking lot overlooking the marina). Photos have
been posted to my eBird checklist. A scope is necessary.

Also found were the continuing 3 Surf Scoters and Horned Grebe near the Ten-
Lane Boat Ramp. They were near the line of buoys offshore and require a scope
for good looks. I posted photos of the birds in my eBird checklist. Also
seen in the same area, but further offshore, was the continuing Common Loon
(too far offshore for me to photograph).

Take care and good birding.

Steve Hosmer
Anthem, AZ