Date: 1/12/18 9:54 am
From: John Fussell <jofuss...>
Subject: current hummingbird numbers
Yesterday I asked if anyone north of here (Morehead City-Beaufort) has any
hummingbirds now (other than the ones we know about at Mattamuskeet and
Buxton), or for any reports of hummers after the cold.

Only Bruce Smithson of Wilmington replied. Is no one else replying because
they don't have any hummingbirds now?

Last night I talked to four different individuals/couples (all live in or
just outside of Morehead) who had hummers before and into the cold (one had
3 or 4 birds), and none of them have any hummers now.

In Carteret County, I have heard of hummers at five residences, including
mine, all singles, except for one double.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC

Join us on Facebook!