Date: 1/12/18 9:16 am
From: birdrecords <birdrecords...>
Subject: [NHBirds] The Twitchers in the Superbowl
The "Twitchers in the Rye" will be in the Superbowl of Birding again this year and are accepting pledges to support NH eBird and New Hampshire Bird Records (both programs of NH Audubon's Conservation Department).

For those who don't know, the Superbowl involves looking for as many species as possible in 12 hours and is run by Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center. Teams compete in Essex County, MA and/or Rockingham County, NH on the last Saturday in January (the 27th). This is the Twitchers tenth year and we'll continue our tradition of birding in the town of Rye only. We're very excited that this year there is actually a TOWN category in the competition so we have a realistic chance of winning something! Team members Pam Hunt (former team captain), Pat Myers, and Jeanne-Marie Maher have retired and Andrea Robbins is away. I'm taking over as Team Captain and will be joined by Kathryn Frieden, Susan Wrisley, and Jenna Pettipas.

Help spur us on by pledging an amount per species or per point (different species get different numbers of points) or a flat amount - and support the collection of bird data for conservation at the same time.

If you'd like to pledge, please contact me at <rsuomala...>, 603-224-9909 x309, or pledge on-line at:
http://nhbirdrecords.org/twitchers-in-the-rye-pledge-2018/

If you'd prefer to donate via First Giving (flat dollar amounts only), go to our team page:
https://www.firstgiving.com/39292/twitchers-in-the-rye-2018

Past results are below and you can or read any of the past summaries on the web at:
http://nhbirdrecords.org/twitchers-in-the-rye-superbowl-of-birding-january-28-2017/

If you find any interesting birds in Rye between now and the 27th, please post them to NHBirds - it will help us and the other NH Superbowl teams.

Thanks and good luck to ALL the Superbowl teams!

Becky Suomala for Twitchers in the Rye -
Kathryn Frieden, Susan Wrisley, and Jenna Pettipas
<rsuomala...><mailto:<rsuomala...>

Past results:
2009 - 63 species, 112 points
2010 - 53 species, 78 points