Date: 1/12/18 3:38 am
From: Diane Touret <dctouret...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Sinaloa Wren at Santa Gertrudis Lane 1/11/18 @10:45AM
Yesterday the sharp eyes of Sally Johnsen's friend Maureen found the
SINALOA WREN feeding in the leaf litter near a Bewick's Wren and a House
Wren just south of the tree trunk that crosses the path in the sunny
area near the river. The wren was working the dead leaves below the
branches of a deadfall and although close to the trail, it was often
obscured. The other two wrens were right out in the open.

Coming back north through this area around noon, I saw what was probably
the Sinaloa Wren fly back to the east side of the river.

Other "good" birds seen by me between 9AM and 2PM: Cassin's and Hutton's
Vireo, Rufous-backed Robin, male Hepatic Tanager, and, best of all,
alazily-soaring CRESTED CARACARAdrifting south along the river!

Sally and Maureen also saw a Merlin farther south along the Anza Trail
where it comes back to the river in a grassy area near the road.

Diane Touret  (Tucson, AZ)