Date: 1/11/18 9:10 pm
From: Randy Wardle <wrwardle...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Eurasian Wigeon at Shorebirds Pond
I birded Shorebirds Pond late this afternoon. The water level is down again so you can walk around the pond most of the way on the path. There were quite a few duck species present. Among them, was a CANVASBACK. Also, among the AMERICAN WIGEON, was a EURASIAN WIGEON. It appears to be a pure Eurasian and not a hybrid. The head is a uniform cinnamon color and the flanks are gray in color and not tan like a hybrid would have. Here is a link to my eBird report with a few photos of the bird. Let me know if any of you believe it is a hybrid. Thanks.

Good birding,

Randy Wardle
Aptos