Date: 1/11/18 5:51 pm
From: <chayward414...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Vesper and Lark Sparrows La Honda Creek OSP (lower) 1-11-18
Hi Folks,

Today Malia and I had our first chance to visit La Honda Creek O.S.P (lower). Just a short distance up the trail from the parking area, perhaps 300 yards or so, we were able to find the previously reported Vesper and Lark Sparrows feeding on the trail itself. The Vesper Sparrows in particular did not seem bothered by us and we were able to get quite close for really great looks. In fact the Vespers were still there on our return trip about an hour or so later.
This area is really worth a visit as the vistas are really stunning.
Earlier in the morning we spent an hour or so at Cowell Ranch Beach Trail looking through large White-crowned Sparrow flocks hoping to find "the other Harris's Sparrow" that Garth reported, with no luck.
Have some photos of the Vesper and Lark sparrows on our ebird checklist, link below.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41831908 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41831908

Chris Hayward and Malia DeFelice
Half Moon Bay

Join us on Facebook!