Date: 1/11/18 3:35 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Coyote Valley birds
All,

At 8:15 this morning (1/11) I had two COMMON GALLINULE and a male
RING-NECKED DUCK in the pond south of of Bailey Ave in Morgan Hill.
At 8:35 I had 7 to 8 CACKLING GEESE join CANADA GEESE into the field
North of Laguna Ave and East of Santa Teresa Blvd (all but three
appeared to be Aleutian, two were Cackling and one appear to be
Richardson's?) The Richardson's was the same general coloring as the
Canada Geese with a light colored chest but was much smaller and had a
small bill. At about the same time I had a brief view of of a mostly
dark FERRUGINOUS HAWK in the trees West of this same location. Lots of
Canada Geese, MALLARDS and AMERICAN WIGEON were enjoying the shallow
water in the fields North of Laguna Ave and West of Santa Teresa
Blvd. At about 9:25 I had a juvenile PRAIRIE FALCON on a power pole
on Richmond Ave (East of Santa Teresa Blvd) across from a freshly
plowed field. After a few minutes the PRFA flew across the plowed
field to a power pole on the South side of the field. Unfortunately I
could not view the bird from anywhere South of Richmond Ave. I then
made the first of three brief unsuccessful attempts to re-find the
Vermilion Flycatcher along Palm Ave and Dougherty Ave (the last
attempt was as I headed home). An adult RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was on a
power pole East of the Coyote Valley OSP parking lot and at 11:15 I
had good scope views of the ROCK WREN from an position a bit north of
the rest room located there (I'm sure that the sunshine helped).

Take care,

Bob Reiling

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!