Date: 1/11/18 3:05 pm
From: <shalu_95120...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Shoreline: green heron, barrow's golden eye and female hooded merganser
My first post in the group. This morning I went to shoreline lake as usual. At about 8:45AM at the bridge at the end of terminal boulevard, I saw the green heron again, perched on some plant. It allowed me to walk to the opposite side of the channel to get a closer view and take some decent photos. It wasn't startled (when I went back at 10:30, it was gone.). Then I proceeded to shoreline lake and saw a female hooded merganser flying from the bank into the lake, and it hang out with a few goldeneyes. I also saw a Barrow's goldeneye swimming together with a regular goldeneye and was able to take some photos.

Happy birding,

Sha Lu

Join us on Facebook!