Date: 1/11/18 2:38 pm
From: Donald Self <donaldself...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Crane, swan and indigo bunting in the Black Belt
This interesting winter has extended into central Alabama!  On January 6, we found a juvenile Tundra Swan on a small lake (Spencer's Pond) just south of the Hale-Marengo County Line on Alabama Highway 69.  The bird is still there (photos on eBird).  Then on January 7, we found a single Sandhill Crane on Hale County Road 9 between Co. Rd.'s 10 and 16.  It did not hang around, but flew east toward Whitsitt.   And finally, an immature male Indigo bunting showed-up at our feeders on the 8th and is still present (photos on eBird).
Cheers,
Don And Judy

Join us on Facebook!