Date: 1/11/18 1:49 pm
From: Marc Ribaudo via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Silver Lake Regional Park
I enjoyed a nice visit to Silver Lake park in Prince William County this morning. The lake was still frozen but the quarry was ice free and full of waterfowl. Hundreds of geese and ducks of 11 species were present, including Canada goose, ring-necked duck (about 100), redhead (many), lesser scaup, bufflehead, ruddy duck, gadwall, mallard, canvasback, hooded merganser, and common merganser. Other highlights were a very photogenic merlin, 7 woodpecker species, hermit thrush, creeper, both kinglets, cedar waxwing, and fox sparrow. I tallied 53 species in all.

Marc Ribaudo