Date: 1/11/18 11:29 am
From: Holly Platz <Holly.Platz...>
Subject: [texbirds] South Llano River State Park Birding Festival update
Good afternoon TexBirders,

A few weeks ago I sent out an email regarding South Llano River State Park’s first annual Birding Festival, sponsored by the Friends of South Llano River State Park. More information is below—but I wanted to let folks know that registration for the Festival is now open. Cost is only $65 and registration is limited to 80 participants.

You can see more Festival information, including guide bios, on the Festival’s Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/slrspbirdingfestival

To request a registration packet, please email <southllanoriverbirdingfestival...>

The Friends of South Llano River State Park are sponsoring the park’s 1st Annual Birding Festival, to be held April 27th-29th, 2018. We are really excited to feature the terrific birding at our park, and its beautiful bird blinds, during the busiest migration weekend of the year. The Festival will feature guided bird walks, including Golden-cheeked Warbler walks and Birding the Riparian, and will also offer guided photography sessions in our bird blinds. On Saturday afternoon, in addition to these programs, we’ll have a raptor presentation by Last Chance Forever, a Bird Call presentation by a young birder, a Beginners’ Bird Walk, and vendor and information tables. We’ll finish up Sunday morning with more birding walks, as well as a Big Sit! as part of the Great Texas Birding Classic.

Thank you all, I hope many of you can come to the Festival!

Good Birding,

Holly Platz
Park Interpreter and Volunteer Coordinator
South Llano River State Park
1927 Park Road 73
Junction, TX 76849
Office: (325) 446-3994