Date: 1/11/18 5:40 am
From: John Fussell <jofuss...>
Subject: northernmost Ruby-throateds
In the wake of the rain/sleet/snow and sharp cold spell, I would be
interested in knowing where the northernmost Ruby-throated Hummers in the
state are now.

Kelly Davis at Mattamuskeet has two, as does Ann Maddock at Cape Hatteras.
Here in the Morehead-Beaufort area there are a few birds, although not as
many as before the bad weather.

Are there any other Ruby-throateds north of Morehead-Beaufort, other than
the ones cited above?

Have numbers also decreased in the Wilmington area?

Just curious.

I also have some comments about whether or not feeders keep hummingbirds
from migrating south; I'll get around to posting those later.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC

Join us on Facebook!