Date: 1/10/18 9:45 pm
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 1/10/2018
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace
to the Pittock Mansion for the week 1/4 to 1/10/18. Had there
been any species neither seen nor heard the previous week they
would be have been in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of
weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at
http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk only 3 days this week (1/4, 1/9, 1/10).

Species # days found (peak #, date)

Cackling Goose 1 (1, 1/10)

Anna’s Hummingbird 2 (1)

Red-breasted Sapsucker 1 (1, 1/10)

Downy Woodpecker 1 (1, 1/10)

Northern Flicker 2 (3, 1/4)

Steller's Jay 1 (1, 1/4)

American Crow 3 (3)

Black-capped Chickadee 3 (6, 1/10)

Chestnut-backed Chickadee 1 (2, 1/9)

Bushtit 1 (15, 1/10)

Red-breasted Nuthatch 2 (2)

Brown Creeper 1 (1, 1/9)

Bewick’s Wren 2 (1)

Dark-eyed Junco 3 (22, 1/9)

Song Sparrow 3 (9)

Spotted Towhee 3 (5)

House Finch 3 (1)

In the neighborhood but not found on walk: Cooper’s Hawk, Varied
Thrush

Misses (of little significance as this was a “short” week): Hairy
Woodpecker, Pacific Wren, American Robin, Fox Sparrow

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!