Date: 1/10/18 7:25 pm
From: Doug Shaw <dougshaw09...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Lewis's Woodpecker Santa Rosa Sonoma County
Hi All,

This afternoon while on a long birding walk I found a Lewis's Woodpecker along Petaluma Hill Road in southern Santa Rosa. The bird first flew over me carrying an acorn heading west landing on a telephone pole. A few minutes later it flew back over Petaluma Hill Road about 50 feet above me and landed in an oak next to a Red-shouldered Hawk. The oak tree where the bird was last seen is 3 telephone poles north of Terra Bella Vista ( a small road to the east of Petaluma Hill Road. This is between Crane Canyon Road and Snyder Lane.

Doug Shaw
Santa Rosa, CA, Sonoma County

Join us on Facebook!