Date: 1/10/18 6:14 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Local Bend, COMMON REDPOLL yes, sparrows no
Wednesday birders tried to relocate birds from the Bend CBC from 12 days
ago. We waited a while at Patty's on Kingston and all eventually got
wonderful looks at the Common Redpoll coming to the feeder with the many
goldfinches etc. BIG thanks to Patty for welcoming the crowd. We worked
for the sparrows but as far as I know, no one saw either the Harris's
Sparrows or the White-throated Sparrow that have been reported
periodically at the Pine Nursery Park nor along the canal trail going
west from Purcell. Now everyone knows where to go if they want to try
for them another day. Western Meadowlark was nice along the trail. A
Sharpie/Coopers shot through the sparrow area at the park but opinions
were divided on species. Thanks to Evan and Milt for ebirding today. Go
birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>
This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net

Canada Goose
California Quail
Unidentified Accipiter
Red-tailed Hawk
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Northern Flicker
Western Scrub-Jay
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Pygmy Nuthatch
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
European Starling
Spotted Towhee
Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Western Meadowlark
House Finch
Common Redpoll
Lesser Goldfinch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

Total number of species seen: 26
Birders today: Patty Meehan, Erik Jensen, Abbie Birmingham, Lynne Stone,
Michael Harris, Steve Wilkins, Steve Kornfeld, Mark Newdorfer, Cindy
Zalunardo, Susan Groszkiewicz, Sherrie Pierce, Mike Golden, Evan Thomas,
Milt Vine, Diane Burgess, Joel Tingley, and forgive me if I left any
names off as I am scattered to the wind, Go birding, Judy Meredith,
<jmeredit...>