Date: 1/10/18 4:36 pm
From: Melvin Weber <mweber...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Reserve CBC
Definitely a bad year count. To start with we had two good birders out with the flu resulting in one good area received no coverage. A second good area (the Reserve Sewerage Pond) has been destroyed due to construction of a new sewerage plant. Other than that, things were real slow as with most counts. A lot of expected birds were just no where to be found. We managed 111 species which is way down from the average 130 over the past few years.
In hummingbirds we only had Ruby-throat and Rufus. The better birds found include Black Rail, Greater Scaup, BB Whistling Duck (two parties), Neotropic Cormorant (2 parties), Yellow-throated Warbler (2 parties), Indigo Bunting and Baltimore Oriole (two parties). One thing for certain, next year will be better————I hope.

Join us on Facebook!