Date: 1/10/18 4:19 pm
From: Lucy De Lap <ldelap...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Fox River sightings in Dundee today
An hour walk around the area at 3:30 this afternoon yielded quite a few incidental sightings.
About 40 Goldeneyes were clustered just of the Village Squire parking lot in West Dundee. They flew south along the river a short time after we spotted them.
A single Common Merganser was circling the center of the river slightly to the north.
Many Canada Geese and Mallards were strewn along various ice floes between the downtown and the pedestrian bridge.
A large flock of Canada Geese numbering close to 200 was to the north of the pedestrian bridge.
A Belted Kingfisher flew by hugging the eastern shoreline.

While we did not see any this afternoon, I did see a large immature Bald Eagle this morning in a tree along the river near North Street, and 2 adults plus a juvenile in a tree along the river across from the park at Barrington Avenue yesterday morning.

Lucy DeLapEast Dundee
Kane County

Join us on Facebook!