Date: 1/10/18 4:18 pm
From: William <wrboyington...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Mukilteo ferry dock and adjacent beach today
Tweeters,

Jon’s post on Edmonds waterfront birds today has prompted me to mention what I saw at the Mukilteo waterfront today in a fairly brief visit. The usual large flock - around 75 - of Barrow’s Goldeneye were swimming just east of the ferry dock, always, it seems, a reliable place to find them. On an old pier further east were Brandt’s Cormorants along with the Double-cresteds. A scope view to the west from the beach/park area was fortunate, as I spotted a pair of
Marbled Murrelets right away, and a Rhinoceros Auklet just beyond, where the rougher water was. Also, at that distance were two Bonaparte’s Gulls. A few other commonly expected birds were around, too, e.g. Common Goldeneye males (3), a Red-breasted Merganser female, the usual white-headed gulls of uncertain parentage, etc.

Good birding,

Bill Boyington
Tweeters mailing list
<Tweeters...>