Date: 1/10/18 4:03 pm
From: W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3...>
Subject: [cobirds] Coors Ponds security (Jefferson) No RNGR or LTDU
I too was questioned by Coors Company security. I was standing outside the
fence (of course!) on the west side scoping the lake for Red-necked Grebe
and Long-tailed Duck and *found neither*. Two drake Red-breasted Mergansers
and four Ruddy Ducks. I had only been there fifteen minutes or less when
the security truck stopped. She was nice enough but I was informed that
this is private property and that Coors does not want people taking
photographs. I assured her that all I had were binoculars and scope
(thinking "Don't you know the difference?"). All birds were way too far
away for the camera and lens in my car anyway.

So two points:
1. If you go there best not to have a camera in view.
2. Is it legal to prevent photography of private land that is visible from
public property? Does Coors Security really have jurisdiction over people
on public property or are they just trying to intimidate us? What are they
worried about? That some ISIS ninjas will blow up the pond?

Bob Shade
Lakewood