Date: 1/10/18 4:04 pm
From: Nancy Christensen <nancy.r.christensen...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Misc birds
Hello all, having read The Skimmer last night, I decided to track down a few birds reported on the San Diego CBC.
The Gray Flycatcher continued at Montclair Park (reported by Ryan Andrews). It was hawking insects from a tree at the end of the lawn closest to the highway.
The Clay-colored Sparrow at Hollywood Park (also found by Ryan Andrews) was found foraging with a small flock of Chipping Sparrows right at the entrance to the park. That entrance is at the end of Juniper Street. The neighborhood being a bit sketchy, as were a couple of guys hanging out, I did not explore the entire park. Luckily, the sparrows could be seen and photographed from the car!
I also visited the 28th Street Park (part of Balboa Park) where I saw both the Palm Warbler and the Black and White Warbler reported there. Both were just north of the bathroom, which provided welcome shelter during morning showers.

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!