Response to the Tropical Parula trips has been overwhelming and we have far exceeded our allowable trip capacity. Please do not send any more emails at this time. If you did not get to send an email to request a spot for this weekend, you will hopefully be able to try again next weekend. We will provide an update probably around mid-week again when we know if the property will allow more trips next weekend, and if so, "the request line" will be opened again.
We will send out emails this evening or tomorrow to those who have spots reserved. We will also send out emails to those who do not have spots reserved but will be placed on a wait list. If additional trips are opened or there are cancellations, people will be contacted from the wait list. If you don't make it this time, please understand the extraordinary situation that we are in that birders are being allowed to come in to begin with, and please wait to hear if there will be more opportunities in the future.
Even though everybody knows it, I feel I cannot stress enough and so will continue to do so that if you have been told where this bird is and you are not part of one of these groups, please do not jeopardize future access by going on your own. The last thing I want to have to do is say that future access has been shut down because birders were caught without permission on the property.
Thanks for your understanding, and we hope to be able to provide more opportunities next week, although this will of course be up to the property and its willingness to continue to accommodate people.