Date: 1/10/18 1:15 pm
From: Mark Lockwood <mwlockwood402...>
Subject: [texbirds] update: crossbills in Marfa
As it turns out I was wrong about the call type of the Red Crossbills that
are/were in the Marfa Cemetery. I was able to get a fairly clear recording
(my equipment is not the best) and Matt Young with the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology has identified the birds as Type 4. Despite comparing my
recording to samples of Types 3, 4, and 5 I was not bale to distinguish
correctly the call type of these birds. I placed the same images that are
on my Flickr page in an eBird checklist as well as a copy of the recording.

Mark Lockwood
Alpine, Texas

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner