Date: 1/10/18 12:46 pm
From: Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Slaty-backed Gull , Calumet River TB 5 Partial, Possibly Full Retraction
There's nothing like a Larus species to make me question all that I think I
know as a birder. Of the three birds I saw that I thought were the same
Slaty-backed Gull, the last one was a GBBG and the second one was most
likely a Great Lakes Gull hybrid (GBBG x HERG). That leaves the first gull
we saw. At this point, I'm not thinking I saw the Slaty-backed Gull at
all. If anyone has pics of the first gull I saw, which was seen about 11:15
AM or so, I would appreciate seeing those and/or the pics being sent for ID
purposes to Amar Ayyash or other people who know this species well.

I'm really sorry about having to retract... again. I feel like a fool.
I've now spent a good part of 3 days looking for this gull. If anything,
this has taught me to be more reluctant in posting.

A very disappointed and frustrated Jared Gorrell
No longer in Cook County, and not able to return anytime soon.

On 10 Jan 2018 12:28 pm, "Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> [ILbirds]" <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Seen flying past at least three times between 11:15 and 12:10. We have
photos, it IS the bird finally.

Jared Gorrell
Cook County

Join us on Facebook!