Date: 1/10/18 9:38 am
From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Tropical Parula trips
Birders,

Access to see the Tropical Parula in Huntington Beach has been granted on a
limited basis. The property manager would like to take access one weekend
at a time and at this time it will only be on weekends. Future access will
likely depend on behavior of the birders and tolerance by the residents.

The first round of visits will be this weekend (in a few days). If you are
interested in trying for the parula, please send an email to
<OCTRPA...> (OCTRPA at gmail dot com). Please do NOT reply directly to
this post or email me personally. Please include in your email if you are
available Saturday, Sunday, or both. Flexibility will obviously be a bonus
as the specific date and time of each trip will be based on the responses
we receive. Jeff Bray or I will respond privately with meeting details,
including the specific meeting time and location, until we run out of trip
capacity; I don't expect that it will take long to fill up the available
slots. Because of the sensitivity of the situation and the guidelines that
have been currently worked out with the property, we will not be posting
any of these details online.

Again, if you know where the bird is, please do not enter the property
unless you are part of these groups. Several local SoCal birders worked
very hard to make this happen and we do not want it to end prematurely
because somebody decided to not play by the rules and sneak in.

Please also refer to Tom Benson's post this morning regarding how to deal
with this bird in eBird and on photo-sharing websites:
All it takes is one person to end access for everybody. *Do not be that
person.*

Thanks.

Ryan Winkleman, Rancho Santa Margarita
Jeff Bray, Irvine