Date: 1/9/18 8:57 pm
From: Michael Mammoser <mmammoser...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Recent birds
In spite of the rain, I went out for a drive today, 9 Jan 2018. I stopped at the kite flying area in Mt View's Shoreline Park, where I found 4 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE and 1 CACKLING GOOSE in with the CANADAS.
I then drove down to Anderson Reservoir in Morgan Hill to continue looking for geese, but was unable to find any at this location. While leaving, though, I had a large flock of WILD TURKEYS, my first-of-the-year.
On my way home I decided to detour through Coyote Valley. The male VERMILION FLYCATCHER was still entertaining at Palm and Dougherty. I was able to find a wet and bedraggled PRAIRIE FALCON sitting on a telephone pole along Richmond Ave.
Michael Mammoser

Join us on Facebook!