Date: 1/9/18 5:24 pm
From: Steve Ganley <sganley...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Lake Havasu
Birders

After seeing no reports of the Black-legged Kittiwake for several days,
Larry Norris and I were relieved to see it first thing this morning at his
favorite perch, the roof of the building along the south side of the marina
at Site Six. He seemed to like the back right corner of the roof best and
would fly off with the gulls every once in a while. As a bonus, while
scanning the north end of the lake from a point between the red and white
lighthouse and the campground, Larry found a small group of scoters. After
getting a scope on them and trying to count the diving ducks, we came up
with a total of seven birds all looking like Surf Scoters but then one of
them popped up and had an obvious white wing patch. Too far for photos and
it started to rain.

Steve Ganley

Mesa, Arizona