Date: 1/9/18 3:11 pm
From: W. Robert Shade III <wrshade3...>
Subject: [cobirds] Standley Snowy Owl in the 'burbs today (Jefferson)
I saw it at 9809 W. 99th Ave on the chimney. This was my fourth attempt. A
most amazing coincidence. Micki and I had just finished lunch with her
brother and sister and spouses at Baker Square in Belmar, Lakewood. None of
them birders. At 1:50 John got a call from his sister informing him that
the owl is perched on a chimney two doors from her house. Sure enough 12
miles and 30 minutes later there it was in bright hot sunshine on said
chimney. We hastened to the south shore parking area at Simms and 86th
Parkway where we tried yesterday and informed Ray Sperger and several
others. I hope they saw it. Why this bird likes this residential
environment is a mystery to me.

Bob Shade
Lakewood