Date: 1/9/18 12:11 pm
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 9, 2018
Hello, TexBirders,
We took our time and enjoyed every bird we could find from the front
entrance pond out to Willow Lakes and up the Tower. Photo opportunities,
Verdin and White-tailed Hawks were the stated goals from participants and
we had success all-around. The first Verdins were found in the parking lot
and one of them even posed in good light for the camera. Two young
White-tailed Hawks showed up out at Willow Lakes but we didn't stop there.
Valley specialties like Northern Beardless Tyrannulets, Common Pauraques,
Altamira Orioles, and Green Jays were stars of the morning and rare-for-us
Pine Siskins rounded out the show.
Free (with refuge admission) guided bird walks leave from the Visitor
Center every day but Sunday at 8:30 am. Come and join us!

Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
Alamo, Texas