Date: 1/9/18 10:07 am
Subject: Sea Ducks in Charleston Harbor
Although the eBird reports do not reflect any sea duck rarities in the
Charleston Harbor, I did submit a checklist yesterday and there are still 4
Long-tailed Ducks there near the Charleston Yacht Club marina, as well as
one Redhead, one Canvasback, and lots of Bufflehead, Lesser Scaup, some
Greater Scaup, Hooded Mergansers, Red-breasted Mergansers, one Surf Scoter,
and 3 White-winged Scoters. There were also fairly large rafts of Horned
Grebes, and lots of Ring-billed Gulls and a few Forster's Terns flying
about. Overall, looking over the harbor there were hundreds and hundreds
of birds active; gulls, ducks, cormorants, terns, pelicans, etc. I
encourage a visit there.

--

*Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the
tunes without the words - and never stops at all.*

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

Join us on Facebook!