Date: 1/9/18 12:47 am
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: CBC season!
The Christmas Bird Count season that just ended is the best I can ever
recall! Yes, some of the counts were held in very cold weather, but the
birding was hot! The final 5 counts I participated in were Waconda on
12/27, Elkhart 12/30, Syracuse 1/2, Webster 1/4 and Jetmore 1/6. I was
lucky enough to see well over 100 species in that 10 day period and already
have almost 100 in the first six days of 2018. It's been a little crazy!

Anyway, I want to thank all the compilers who put in so much work year after
year to organize all the counts, especially Bob Kruger, Mike Rader, Barry
Jones, Max Thompson, Henry Armknecht and Jeff Calhoun.

I drove many of Larned's streets yesterday looking for wintertime rarities
and found none, but did see 5 White-winged Doves down by the swimming pool.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to