Date: 1/8/18 9:38 pm
From: Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke...>
Subject: [cobirds] Boulder County 1/6-7/18
*My apologies for the late update*

This weekend my mom and I birded a few spots and Boulder County here are
the highlights:

1/6
I guess I'll start by mentioning the geese; where we had approximately
13000 white cheeked geese spread out over a few different lakes, no GWFG
but there were Snow Geese along Ogallala Road, at Prince Lake #2, and a
Juvenile at Burke Lake, and a few hybrid geese at Thomas Reservoir.

We swung by Valmont Reservoir hoping to see some gulls but saw only one
Ring Billed Gull, although all three merganser species were still present
as well as a Ruddy Duck.

1/7
At Golden Ponds there were 2 Swamp Sparrows, 2 Cedar Waxwings, 1 Ruby
Crowned Kinglet, and 1 Wilsons Snipe.

At Twin Lakes there was a Spotted Towhee.

Boulder Reservoir was our first nice selection of gulls for the year but
still, the only gulls of interest were 2 Herring Gulls and 1 California
Gull.

Lagerman Reservoir is still completely frozen but there was still 1
Ferruginous Hawk and a few funky Ravens that I may have to go back and take
a closer look at.

Good Birding
Luke Pheneger
Longmont