Date: 1/8/18 9:37 pm
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Glaucous, Iceland, 7 Bonaparte's Gulls - Imperial Reservoir (Pecos Co.)
Texbirds,
Just a quick heads up to report that the first winter Glaucous Gull
continues at Imperial Reservoir (from 30 December) and has been joined by
same age Iceland (Thayer's) and American Herring Gulls. There were also 7
Bonaparte's Gulls. I did not relocate the adult California Gull discovered
by Martin Reid and Sheridan Coffey on Christmas Eve. Morning hours are best
for gulling as some tend to disperse throughout the morning.

Other highlights included 1 Dunlin, 1 Sanderling, at least 1 Long-billed
Curlew, 2 American Avocets and an impressive wintering aggregation of 35-40
Greater Yellowlegs.

It's a tough place to bird with limited access but the surprises are
endless.

I will share my complete checklist tomorrow. The waterbird totals are
pretty remarkable.

Happy New Year Birding!
Justin Bosler
currently in Iraan, TX