Date: 1/8/18 4:48 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: January and February field trips in northwest Arkansas
The January field trip for Northwest Arkansas Audubon Society will take place ALL DAY Saturday January 20, with most activities at Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area visitor center. The event is Wonders of Winter Wildlife, an annual program organized by state park staff. It starts at 9 am with netting and banding birds. Among other activities will be Lynn Sciumbato from Morning Star Wildlife Rehabilitatiuon Center with hawks, owls, and Igor the Turkey Vulture (11 am) and my powerpoint presentation on winter birds at Hobbs and Beaver Lake (1:30). There’s LOTS more, so check out the full schedule. For more: Hobbs, 479-789-5000. All activities are free and open to the public with exception of the eagle cruise (3 pm) that requires advanced reservation and a small fee. Finally, we have found Red Crossbills near the visitor center on several recent occasions, so we will be on the lookout for them during the day. Bring your binoculars.

NWAAS will host two field trips in February. On Saturday February 3, Eagle Watch Nature Trail on SWEPCO Lake. On Saturday evening February 24, American Woodcocks in Wedington Unit, Ozark National Forest west of Fayetteville. More details will be posted closer to these dates.

Join us on Facebook!