Date: 1/8/18 2:55 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Swans at Maumelle Country Club
The "swans" in the ponds at the Maumelle Country Club are decorative swans that faintly resemble Mute Swans.  They were placed in the golf course ponds several months ago. They drift around a slight bit but have managed to stay upright and not footless like Ed's "swans".  I have had live Mute Swans on the lake behind my house a few times over the last few years.  So, these decorative swans did give me a bit of a start when I first drove past and saw them on the golf course ponds, which are very close to my house. Had to laugh when I realized they were fake.  I guess the club owners wanted to "fancy up" the golf course.

There are a number of live Mute Swans scattered around Little Rock.  I have a couple of regulars on Foreman Lake in my Little Rock CBC territory each year.
Karen HollidayMaumelle/Little Rock

Join us on Facebook!