Date: 1/8/18 1:35 pm
From: Bill Lisowsky <ykswosil...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Green Kingfisher, et.al - Patagonia Lake
It is always nice to visit Patagonia Lake State Park, especially when the
temps in early January are in the mid 70s. Four of us hiked the birding
trail and we were happy to see a nice male Green Kingfisher along the east
shore about 50 yards from the base of the stairs. (If you chased the Winter
Wren here last winter, it was in that general area.) We also had good looks
at the continuing Greater Scaup, one of the resident Black-capped
Gnatcatchers, and two species that we don’t often see in the park, an
Arizona Woodpecker and a Black-chinned Sparrow.
Complete list and photos in Ebird later today.

Good birding,

Bill Lisowsky
Tubac, AZ