Date: 1/8/18 12:54 pm
From: Dan Lory <dlory54...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Slaty-backed Gull Continues, Cook
I headed down to Turning Basin #3 right after Jared's heads-up, and was
able to catch the Slaty-backed for about 15 minutes before it took flight
at 9:30am and headed north. I waited until 11:40 in hopes it might return,
but no luck. However, I did see a Glaucous and a Great Black-backed.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> [ILbirds]
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Currently watching the Slaty-backed Gull preen itself on the near ice on
> the Calumet River behind PECO Pallet Chicago (there's probably a better
> name for this place, but I'm not from here and it's called that on Google
> maps). Also of note are an immature Glaucous Gull and an American Black
> Duck.
> Jared Gorrell
> Cook County

Join us on Facebook!