Date: 1/8/18 11:27 am
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 8, 2018
Hello Texbirders,
A great group of birders shared a great bunch of birds on this morning's
walk at Santa Ana. Two target birds were identified by visitors before we
started out ... Verdin and Olive Warblers ... and we found them both early
on in the walk. A couple hundred Greater-white Fronted and Snow Geese
flying noisily quite low overhead brought oohs and ahs like we were seeing
a firework show and a Pied-bill Grebe trying to steal a long flat eel-like
thing from an American Coot entertained us at Willow Lake. All-in-all it
was a fabulous morning and we'll go out and do it again tomorrow morning.
Free (with refuge admission) bird walks leave the Visitor Center every day
but Sunday at 8:30 am. Please join us!
Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge