Date: 1/8/18 10:42 am
From: Kirk Swenson <khswenson...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [CVBirds] Sutter County Harris’s Sparrow
The continuing Harris's Sparrow put in an appearance yesterday ~3:15 after
about 90 minutes of searching. Shortly after I arrived a Sharp-shinned Hawk
blew through flushing all the finches and sparrows and it took a while for
them to settle down again. Mediocre photos are available at
https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41734409.

Good birding!
Kirk Swenson
Davis, CA

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Shannon Skalos <sskalos4...>
[central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...> wrote:

> Howdy birders,
>
> The Harris’s Sparrow continues at the private residence on Meridian Road.
> We found the bird after about 40 mins of scanning two sparrow flocks.. One
> in the olive trees along the driveway, and the other in the northeast
> corner of the fenced in field where the chickens are roosting (north of the
> coop). The bird was at the latter location, coming into the field to forage
> from the brush just behind the fence. That’s Sutter County bird #199 for me!
>
> Dan and I just returned from a spectacular South Texas birding trip where
> we saw several (in range) Harris’s Sparrows.
>
> Good bird!
>
> Shannon and Dan Skalos
> Woodland, CA

Join us on Facebook!