Date: 1/8/18 9:54 am
From: <coloradobirder...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Raptor Alley Scout Trip Results for Upcoming Field Trip/Weld
Hi all

I birded Raptor Alley on Sunday to scout for what is out there for upcoming trip this Saturday (http://coloradobirder.club/m/events/view/Raptor-Alley-Driving-Tour). I got all of the expected species and good numbers. If that isn't enough to entice you to join us Lapland Longspur were easy to find and SEE at multiple locations. Perfect raptor weather yesterday.

Total of 42 raptors:
First 37 photos here - http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Raptor-Alley-Nunn-Pierce-Weld-02-27-2017/ Rough-legged Hawk - 9 (3 dark morphs) Ferruginous Hawk - 4 Red-tailed Hawk - 10 Bald Eagle - 4 Golden Eagle - 5 Northern Harrier - 5 American Kestrel - 2 (very low total compared to my last outing of 15) Prairie Falcon - 2 Merlin Other:
Northern Shrike Lapland Longspur - multiple dozens (HUGE Horned Lark flocks around)
Common Raven (and American Crow??) - 50-60 mobbing Bald Eagle on fence line near Carr Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/

Join us on Facebook!