Date: 1/8/18 8:35 am
From: David Vander Pluym <scre...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] WAZ: Davis Dam
Yesterday 7 Jan, Lauren Harter and I visited Davis Dam on Lake Mohave, we had 3 continuing young male SURF SCOTERS, 4 PACIFIC LOONS (previously 2-3 had been reported), 2 RED-THROATED LOONS (1 continuing and 1 new), and 2 RED-NECKED GREBES (previously up to 3 had been seen).

We also spent the evening at Katherine Landing on Lake Mohave and it was the slowest either of us have had it in January with no Herring Gulls seen and only a couple of California Gulls.

Earlier we also checked the Horned Lark flocks in the Mohave Valley and found a decrease in overall bird numbers though there were still ~700 larks around, we were unable to find anything of note with them. Good Birding

David Vander Pluym
Lake Havasu City