Date: 1/8/18 8:21 am
From: 'Kahl, Steve' <Steve_Kahl...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Siphon Rd wetlands Sunday
I visited the spring fed, Portneuf River wetlands along Siphon Rd
(Chubbuck) Sunday morning. Open water is still holding a very nice
diversity of waterfowl, including about 40 trumpeter swans, mallards,
American wigeon, gadwall, northern pintail (1), northern shoveler (3),
green-winged teal, redhead, lesser scaup, bufflehead, common goldeneye and
150+ ring-necked ducks.

This location holds half-hardy species in the winter and I was able to find
3 yellow-rumped warbler (Audubon's), 2 Virginia rail and a marsh wren.

Steven F. Kahl
Deputy Project Leader
Southeast Idaho National Wildlife Refuge Complex
4425 Burley Dr., Ste. A
Chubbuck, ID 83202
P (208) 237-6615 ext 112
F (208) 237-8213