Date: 1/7/18 9:58 pm
From: <rosita94598...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] StatenIsland Road Sunday evening Jan 7
We did not arrive until about twenty to five, but it was still light despite the overcast. Several 1000s of Cackling Geese were on the east side of the paved section of the road. My wife and I drove south to the equipment garage, maybe 2-1/2 miles south on the unpaved portion of Staten Island Road, before we turned around. Many skeins of Snow Geese flying in; a couple Ross's Geese were seen with them. Sandhill Cranes called from the ground and the air. Rosita and I were not alone, several other cars of birders were also out there enjoying the spectacle.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Join us on Facebook!