Date: 1/7/18 8:57 pm
From: <leslieneft...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Pileated Woodpecker at Rancho San Antonio
I was surprised to see a Pileated Woodpecker (female) at close range during my hike today at Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve. I did a little research and discovered that there were a few sightings of a Pileated there last year.

The bird was seen on the PG&E trail at around 3:30 pm.

From the equestrian parking lot, there is flat area on the trail with a tower and a cylindrical brown post. After reaching the post, go back the way you came, downhill, about 20 paces. The bird was on the right hand side. It takes about an hour to get there from the parking lot with a good bit of steep uphill.

Leslie

Join us on Facebook!