Date: 1/7/18 8:21 pm
From: David Irons <LLSDIRONS...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Swan ID: Some comments about a group of seven Trumpeter Swans that appear to be wintering at Coffenbury Lake in Fort Stevens State Park (Clatsop Co)
There are lots of both species that winter in the Skagit Valley. The Tundra population that winters there generally shows more yellow on the base of the bill than the western Oregon wintering birds. Steve Mlodinow and I found a Bewick’s Tundra Swan in La Conner.

Have fun!

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2018, at 7:50 PM, Lew & Marti Ligocki <ligockibirds...><mailto:<ligockibirds...>> wrote:

Thank you for sharing it. Lew and I are headed for the Skagit in a few weeks and will keep your details in mind.

Marti Ligocki