Date: 1/7/18 7:28 pm
From: <flycatcher...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Harris's Sparrow (in HMB), Snow Goose, BT Gray Warbler 1-7-2018

Hello All,

The 'other' Harris's Sparrow was still in place along the northern end of the Cowell-Purisima Coastal Trail with a large flock of mostly White-crowned Sparrows early this morning 1-7-2018. This flock seems to hang around the trail itself in the early morning then disperse into nearby weed patches as recreational traffic picks up later in the morning.

Across the highway from Bob's Produce stand, on the west side and south of the southern parking area for the C-P Coastal Trail, the continuing flock of unusual geese had picked up a few more Cacklers (I counted 34) and one immature Snow Goose, which kept to the far side of the flock from the 4 continuing Ross's Geese.

At Pescadero Marsh, I refound the immature female Black-throated Gray Warbler that has been around all winter, in the flowering eucs behind the park office at the end of Water Lane. FYI, the park office has been vacated by park staff in recent months, but otherwise that area has been refreshed and improved with picnic tables and a substantial clearing-out of the overgrown trail, all the way back to Round Hill.

Happy 2018,
Garth Harwood, Pescadero

Join us on Facebook!