Date: 1/7/18 6:08 pm
From: <stan.walens...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Zone-tailed Hawk, Oso Pkwy, Jan 6 2018
Sent this info out yesterday but just got a delivery failure notice, so re-sending it

Yesterday, Jan 6, at about 2:15 p.m., whlle driving _south_ on I-5, I had an adult male Zone-tailed Hawk fly out of the park to the east of the freeway and south of Oso Pkwy., circle the freeway and head back into the park.

I think there have been other reports of ZTHA in this area in recent years.

Interestingly, I had a ZTHA do exactly the same thing on October 16, 1991, although at that time I was headed _north_ on I-5.

Stan Walens
San Diego
January 7, 6:00 pm

Join us on Facebook!