Date: 1/7/18 5:05 pm
From: Tom Ewert <ewert.tom...>
Subject: Marion CBC results
Hi all, we ran the Marion count yesterday with cold but good weather. There
was lots of ice on the reservoir and lakes. 15 counters and 1 feeder
watcher were a record but we only saw 74 species of birds. That is about
the lowest number we have had since I restarted this count in 2011. Bird
numbers were up but only because we had 24,522 canada geese and another
4200 unidentified flying geese.
Other than a variety of ducks, our biggest miss was a ruby-crowned kinglet.
Good day birding, and thanks to all who helped out.
Tom Ewert
Wichita

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to