Date: 1/7/18 5:04 pm
From: 'Dave Weber' <dwbirdster...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Bald Eagles for Yard Bird / Common Loon
I never thought the Bald Eagles nesting at Curtner School in Milpitas were
visible from my roof. Today while cleaning gutters I decided to bring up my
scope. Sure enough the nest was in full view, about 2/3 mile away, but no
eagles. I went back up at 4pm and had both adult Bald Eagles in full view,
one on the nest and the other perched about 30 feet above. Last week while
working on the front yard I heard a faint chip, then saw a Townsend's
Warbler in a cedar across the street for another yard bird. This morning I
saw the Common Loon at Los Gatos Creek CP. It spent 90% of the time under
water.

Dave Weber,

Milpitas

Join us on Facebook!