Date: 1/7/18 4:54 pm
From: Schwab Carolyn <caschwab3591...>
Subject: Probable Northern Shrike Hv County
I checked my scope view about 5 PM, and noticed a shrike on the top of a
hedge tree beside a flicker. Grabbing my camera I got off a couple of
shots. It was about 100 yds out so that's pretty far for perching bird
details. My pics lead me to believe it was a Northern. The mask was
narrow, and some white line seems to be above the mask. I was able to
see it take off to the north but I lost it and didn't see it land
anywhere. One photo is posted on Facebook Kansas Birding.
Carolyn Schwab
Newton, KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to